Saturday 13 March 2010

My Laptops...

Never really owned a laptop before year 2006. Even my first laptop is a company computer, given by company to do daily work. It is a HP nx6210, quite a stylish business laptop. 
It worked very well at the begining, but its motherboard blew upfor 3 times in 2 years. My screen just went off when I was using it in Dec 2006. Luckily it was still within the warranty period, I got the motherboard changed for FOC. But the same tragic happened again in year 2007, it was already beyond the warranty period. The stupid company was willing to pay RM2000+ to change the motherboard but not rather to buy a new laptop for me. HP gave 3 months warranty for the replaced motherboard and the motherboard really blew up again within the 3 months period. Of course HP had to changed it again for FOC. Another two of my colleagues who also using the same model laptop got the same motherboard problem as well. That's why it really gave me a very bad impression of HP laptop.

I bought my truly first laptop when I was about to leave for UK at August 2008. I bought a white colour sony CR series laptop for RM3999. Sony VAIO may be many people's dream laptop, but many people can't afford the high price. I also couldn't afford the high price of VAIO until the CR series was released into the market. Though it is still much more expensive than most of the other brand laptop, but I got a lot of supplementary gifts when I bought it. It included Microsoft Office software, 160GB portable hardisc, VIAO bag, mouse and etc. Those gifts were worth more than RM700, that levelled out its high price.
Performance wide, it is quite good, since it got most of the highest spec components at its time. The only thing is the DVD drive, it is very sensitive, unable to read some old, scratched disc. I'm still using this laptop though I already started complaining it was getting slower and slower and its heavy weight when I had to carry it around. Yea, it is the cheapest VIAO, it got 14" screen and it is 2.3kg, so it is heavy. Though I always think of changing to a smaller VAIO, but it is gonna cost me RM5/6k. Not gonna to change it now, at least not before the speed of this white VIAO drops to an unacceptable level. But definitely I'm going for another smaller VAIO for my next laptop.


My third laptop in my life is a Dell Latitude E6400 business laptop. Again it is given by the company for daily work purpose. The speed of this computer is god damn fast. Because it is equiped with the fastest Intel Core2 Duo processor at this time and 4GB of RAM as requested by my manager, because I need to run some simulation and demo presentation of our software product with this laptop. Somemore it is installed with the older version of Windows - Windows XP, since it is the most stable Windows version and newer Windows might not be compatible with our company software, that makes the program running speed of this laptop super fast.

Take a closer look at the keyboard, it got arabic alphabets on it. Truly localised laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment