Sunday 28 February 2010

First Day At Bahrain...

Working at Middle East has been one of thing that I always like to accomplish. Many friends wonder why I want to come to Middle East, most of  people think it is very religious and conservative place. But for me, it is another good market to explore, at least it has very good prospect for people like me in the oil&gas and petrochemical industry. Actually I have made up my mind before leaving UK that I would use maximum 5 years time to save money and gain as much as possible the oversea experience. With the modal and experience, I want to start a new business at Malaysia which nobody has done it before at Malaysia. Middle East is my first region to explore, think of going to China & Taiwan after ME. Anyway, we never know our future, things may change by the time it come. For whatever reason, I'm here in Bahrain already. I'm supposed to be excited to arrive to the ME, but I wasn't that excited upon arrival. Of course it is because my heart is still with someone at msia.

Though I have transitted at UAE when I went to UK last time, but this is the first time I have ever entered a ME country. The local people are definitely not friendly. Since I'm coming to earn their money, so I just take it lor... it doesnt really matter for me... I'm a salesman mar... :p
Company has allocated hotel accommodation before I find my room. The room is just ok, still alright for staying for short period.

The temperature is just 24C at daytime, just nice, even colder than msia because it is still in winter. But wherever you go, the view is very hazy. There is sand everywhere, with the wind blowing all the time, quite difficult to walk around without covering my eyes. This is the view from my hotel room window.

The view on the street. Can't really se clearly the builing at the back, too hazy.

There are many local restaurant, but don't really know what are the Middle Eastern food. There are some minimarkets too, the price of the goods here is quite expensive compared to msia. Don't really know how to describe the look of the street, just upload few photo here.


At least there are some shop that I'm familiar with.

Tomorrow going to office and start my working life again after one and half year. Work hard and aim to realise my plan. The starting of my life at Middle East.

4 comments: