Wednesday 24 February 2010

When you know you are leaving a place for the last time...

The title of this blog post was first written when I was about to leave Manchester in end of December 2009 but no content was written then because I was too busy to travel to London then back to Malaysia. After being home, busy with Cambodia trip, meeting up with friends, CNY, other new blog post were created and draft of this post has been down there for some time.

I was driving home from KL tonight, felt exactly the same when I left Manchester - the feeling that you know you are leaving a place for the last time and won't be returning in near future. Leaving Manchester was a huge decision. Though I was looking forward to coming home and starting new career at Middle East, I still left with a heavy heart. Manchester is the city I lived, studied, made friends for 16 months. The places and the people have become so familiar. Really felt hard to leave all the good friends there.


This trip to KL was out of expectation because Jeff was supposed to go to Penang on that weekend. But he changed his plan few days before that to stay at KL. That's why I also changed my mind and went to KL to meet up with Lynn and Jeff. Lynn is still the same as I saw her at Liverpool in November last year, still super duper sweet with Joseph. Really didn't expect to see weiz in this trip because I knew she was super duper busy with gathering with her friends. Totally out of my expectation, I met her twice. The last meeting up was a mess but I really appreciate it.

Driving on highway, I switched off the radio, only the noise of the engine and silence of the night were with me. Great moment to meditate and think. Didn't turn to my back to see the place I was leaving, didn't do that at Manchester, didn't do that at KL. Definitely things will change by the time I come back, I wish...... but I don't know.. it is silly to make a wish like that.. we will never know the future.. maybe that's the reason we make wish..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment