Monday 30 November 2009

Hola Barcelona... Day 4...

The last full day at Barcelona, I went to those places that I missed in the past few days.

Of course the one of the must-see spot at Barcelona -Park Güell. A park designed by Gaudí and it is also a UNESCO World Heritage site.

I had been walking for all of the time in Barcelona, in that morning I wanted to try the Metro (underground rail transport) at Barcelona. The station looks great and refreshing, probably caused by the green colour design theme. 


 From the Metro station walking to the Park Güell, have to go up hill, good that there was elevators... hehe...!!!


 I didnt know which entrance I first came to, but it really looks sandy and and like a ruin for me.



 At the top of the park, I could see the view of the city including the Sagadra Familia.


 The design of the park, dont know how to describe, i can only say it is the first time i saw something like that.


 In the park, there is the Museum of Gaudi where he once lived there. The furnitures are also designed by him. The drawing is Gaudi's portrait.


Barcelona architecture is really abundant. Even the hospital building can become a tourist spot. 


 On the back going back to La Rambla street, passing by some of the Gaudi's design building which I missed in the past days. But I only saw them from outside, didnt buy ticket to enter into the building to see the interior design.
The Casa Milà


The Casa Batlló


 The last place tourist spot I went to at Barcelona was the Museum of Picasso. I was so worried to be late to the museum and afraid it would be closed already. But in the end I got free entrance because ticket is not required in late Sunday afternoon. Cant take pictures in the museum, so excited to see the true Picasso drawing and understand something about his Cubism drawing.


That's the end of my trip at Barcelona. Came back to Manchester on the next morning, flight was delayed for 2 hours bcos of the thick fog at Manchester. Brought back the tanned face from Spain, welcome by the foggy cold Manchester weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment