Sunday 29 November 2009

Hola Barcelona... Day 1...

After making up my mind leaving UK for good, I thought I should go for travelling in Europe. Yup, I was too concentrated on study before this, didnt really travel in last one year time, not even travelled out of UK. My travelling destination was very much depending on the transport ticket price. Hehe.. of course.. I'm poor student. Anyway, it happened that Barcelona became my first destination.


The first moment I arrived at Barcelona I love the sunny weather so much, I believe everybody from UK does. Spent quite some time to look for the hostel. Have been staying in some hostel, but this one is the best one so far. If anybody wants to go to Barcelona, without a doubt I will recommend this hostel - the Sound Hostel.


The view from the window of my room


I dont know why I felt quite excited looking at the backyard of the building, maybe it is so much different from the typical English house. Maybe other would say it is very Spanish, but i dont know.



The same feeling for the streets too. It is no doubt very different from the English style but I cant really say what is it.


The centre of the city should be the Plaza Catalunya.




Most of the buses come to this place and the busiest tourist street - La Rambla Street is just beside the plaza. There is a lot of tourist wandering on this street, a lot of restaurants and street artist too.




Walking down the La Rambla street toward the seaside, there is a statue facing toward the sea. It looks similar to the statue at Trafalgar Square, London.




 The seaside view is very metropolitan with many cruises, and port facility and a lot lot lot of yacht.

 The most surprising thing is the clear water. I was so amazed that the water at a tourist crowded metropolitan can be as clear as the water at Malaysian east coast islands. I can clearly see the fish in the water.

Continued walking to east, it came with more and more yacht.



Until reached the beach, though the sand on the beach is not as fine, but it is considered a very good beach at Europe.


 Then I went to Parliament of Catalonia, once used to elect the President of Catalonia. The design of this building is beautiful and you can feel that it is full of history.


The next spot - Triumphal arch. According to Wikipedia, this arch is not built to commemorate the victory in war as normally other arch serve for its function. It is just the entrance gate for the year 1888 Universal Exhibition.


 It was winter, the sky turned dark quite early but at least not as early as in UK. Headed back to the La Rambla street, passed by the local market and curious to see how is the market in Spain.


 As expected, the market in Spain is very colourful. A lot of colourful vege and fruits, so much better than UK. Yeah, UK is lousy in many aspects. Spotted the melon, the sweetest melon I ever had in my life is the melon from Spain. But it was not from this market, I had it from Tesco at Manchester, hehe...!!!

One very special stuff caught my eyes was the mushroom. At first glance I thought it was the dried mushroom like those we can buy from Singapore. But with a closer look, it is actually fresh mushroom with some herb and spice marinate. Didn't really know how to eat these mushroom.
  
 

 The must-see performance in Spain is the Flamenco dance. Of course I must go for it. The tempo and speed are so strong and fast. An eye-opening dancing performance for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment