Sunday 29 November 2009

Hola Barcelona... Day 2... Day of Architecture...

Barcelona is also famous with its great architect - Antoni Gaudí. His art pieces are everywhere in Barcelona. His style is sometimes called "Organic Architecture" because his works do not only using straight line but most of the time the curve borrowed from the nature.

The Palau Güell is a town mansion, once house of some rich people. It is part of UNESCO world heritage site. It was under renovation, I could only see from the outside the the stable of the building.


The Cathedral of Santa Eulalia or Cathedral of Barcelona. For me, it is nothing much special except it is just another cathedral. Like people visiting China, they will get bored at one point of visiting temple.


The Palau de la Generalitat de Cataluny, the offices of the Presidency of the Generalitat de Catalunya



The Sagrada Família, the most famous building at Barcelona designed by Antoni Gaudí too. His idea was to design a "perfect church", so every detail design of the Sagrada Família is carefully considered. The strange thing is, it is still under construction and not expected to be completed by at least another two decades, but tourist keep flowing in to view the partial complete church and the ticket fee directly contribute to the construction fund.



The arena where bull fighting is held, but no bull fighting when I went there.


This modern building is owned by the water company of Barcelona.




I didn't see any China Town in Barcelona, but there are quite many of the Chinese merchants selling garments. Very much out of my expectation, I thought most of the Chinese was doing supermarket or restaurant at oversea.


The dinner of the night, Spanish food of course. The drink is the Sangria, mixture of red wine and fruit slide and juice.


Spanish eat a lot of Tapas (the appetizer), and their Tapas is really nice. I only had two Tapas as the set meal provided.


and the main course is seafood Paella, the rice dish. I like the taste, but only if it is less salty.



The activity of the night, classical guitar concert. The classical guitar music was so nice until I fell asleep for a moment probably because I was too tired after walking for the whole day.


The strip club, of course it is not my activity of the night. I just passed by when walking back to the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment